PEOPLE IN NEED SELECTS TARGET CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS / INITIATIVESMay 27, 2021
People in Need (PIN) has selected seven civil society organisations (CSOs) to receive grants as part of the “Civil society actors as drivers of change in South Caucasus and Moldova” project, funded by the European Union. The project, which began in January 2020, aims to increase the capacity, accountability, and effectiveness of CSOs and civic initiatives to act as drivers of change.
As part of the selection process, CSOs were evaluated based on their:
- Primary motivation;
- Commitment to the values of peace, democracy and human rights;
- Understanding of the thematic area and local social context;
- Ability to provide examples of previous civic or community action;
- Interest in mobilising others to achieve concrete changes and results;
- Ability to assess their own weaknesses and motivation to improve;
- Readiness to commit significant time and energy to their development over the next 12 months.
The project selection committee evaluated 46 applications from a variety of CSOs and civic initiatives, and ultimately selected the following grant recipients:
- Movement Against Poaching;
- Union Freya;
- My City Kills (NGO Green Pole);
- A new, independent trade union;
- Association "Ili";
- Racha Youth Assembly;
- Women's Union.
The goals of the selected grant recipients include protecting and advocating for the right of ethnic minorities to participate in advocacy, involving young people in decision-making and strengthening local communities, empowering women and protecting children’s rights, promoting non-formal education and access to information, as well as improving the environment.
The PIN team thanks all of the applicants for their interest and participation, wishes them success, and remains open to future cooperation.