Call for Selection of Civil society OrganisationsPublikováno: Mar 17, 2021 Reading time: 4 minutes
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
If you are:
- a new civil society organization (registered within the past 3 years), or
- an informal initiative group or social movement;
If you are:
- seeking to mobilize people in your community to influence real positive change,
- raising important issues that may not yet be widely understood or discussed in the society and proposing solutions,
- ready to invest your time and energy in the development of your initiative, organisation or campaign,
We are looking for you!
Who are we?
Civil Society Actors as Drivers of Change in South Caucasus and Moldova is a regional project implemented by Czech NGO People in Need and funded by the European Union. We aim to support selected participants in developing a vision for change, planning concrete steps for how to achieve it, building capacities and accessing resources needed to go from plan to reality. We will work together with participants to design a tailored program to help their initiatives grow and achieve their goals.
With our program, you will have an opportunity to:
- develop a strategy for your initiative / organisation / campaign,
- take part in trainings, coaching, mentoring, consultations, study visits, fellowships,
- establish or improve connections with your supporters and volunteers,
- get support for research and building thematic expertise,
- get involved in policy dialogue at local, national or international level,
- network with peers and partners in Georgia and abroad,
- find out if, why and how to engage with the private sector,
- find effective, transparent and accountable ways to self-organize and manage resources,
- get access to funding opportunities for your internal development and for your campaign (in July-August 2021, every participant that successfully passes the first stage of the program will be able to apply for up to EUR 10 000 of internal funding linked to their strategic plans),
- learn about other fundraising options that best suit your strategy.
People in Need started out in 1992 as a grassroots initiative by a group of Czech war correspondents who wanted to complement their reporting on conflicts and crises around the world with providing aid to those in need. Our co-founder and current director Simon Panek was a student activist during the Velvet Revolution, and the surge of creative energy, civic mobilization, and social responsibility during that time was the driving force behind who we are today. That’s why we are drawn to like-minded civic actors who are committed to building their communities and changing the world around them for the better.
We recognize the diversity of civil society and do not envision everyone following the same path of becoming NGOs similar to us today. On the other hand, we do believe that we have much to learn from and offer to each other.
More about who we are looking for
We aim to select 7 participants in Georgia in the second year of the project.
Participants can be active in areas including but not limited to:
- community participation in decision-making
- quality of public services
- climate change and environment
- gender equality
- public spaces
- labour rights and working conditions
- social inclusion, rights of marginalized groups
- other civic / social / human rights topics or mitigating the impact of COVID-19 in these areas.
We strongly encourage applications from organizations and initiative groups with core activity outside the capital city.
Applications from private businesses, religious or political organizations, public authorities or related organizations are not eligible under this call, as it is intended for new civil society actors not linked to larger institutions.
- Application due date: April 7, 11:30 PM, address: Georgia-CSA@peopleinneed.cz
- Information Session: March 25 /12:00/via ZOOM
- Please send your questions about the call to the following address by April 2: Georgia-CSA@peopleinneed.cz
- Interviews with preselected candidates: will take place on a rolling basis,
- Publication of results: six weeks after deadline - www.pin.ge
- Kick-off workshop for selected participants,
- Organizational capacity assessment and strategy development,
- Funding opportunities linked to the strategy,
- Tailored capacity building and networking opportunities.