The EU-supported Tskaltubo Local Action Group launches the first phase of a Grants competition in Tskaltubo MunicipalityPublished: Oct 1, 2020 Reading time: 2 minutes
The EU-supported Tskaltubo Local Action Group launches the first phase of Grants competition in Tskaltubo to fund projects that will support local development in the municipality.
People in Need (PIN), in partnership with Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA), is supporting Tskaltubo LAG under the EU-supported ENPARD project “Local Action Group Tskaltubo”. The project is co-funded by the Czech Development Agency (CzDA).
The aim of the grants competition is to improve the socio-economic conditions of the local population in Tskaltubo Municipality, promoting diversification of the economy, and increasing access to basic social services by supporting projects that are in line with the priorities and objectives of the Tskaltubo Local Development Strategy (LDS).
The grants competition will support business (agricultural, and non-agricultural), as well as public and community projects. Eligible applicants can be individuals, legal entities registered in Georgia, agricultural cooperatives, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and initiative groups, provided that all submitted projects will be implemented in Tskaltubo Municipality and the applicant agrees with the terms of co-financing. For detailed information, please refer to the Grants Competition Manual 2020.
The grants competition consists of the following stages:
- Stage I: Sharing ideas via hotline and initial consultations;
- Stage II: Submission of initial project applications;
- Stage III: Evaluation of initial project applications;
- Stage IV: Training of participants in writing a full project application;
- Stage V: Submission and evaluation of full project applications;
- Stage VI: Interview with selected applicants and field monitoring;
- Stage VII: Final decision and signing of the grant agreement;
Potential applicants are encouraged to register for consultations through the hotline 595 79 23 00 during the period 1-12 October 2020. The hotline will be operational during working days from 10:00 to 18:00.
Interested applicants should submit a completed initial application form (Annexes 1, 3, and 5, depending on the type of the application) electronically in PDF format, to the email address email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the applications is October 16, 2020, at 18:00. Delayed and not-typed application forms will not be accepted. The applicants should present the application forms in the Georgian language.
For more information about the competition and the application forms, the applicants can refer to the following pages:
- ENPARD webpage – www.enpard.ge
- PIN Georgia webpage – www.PIN.ge
- LAG Tskaltubo webpage – www.tskaltubolag.ge
Documents for the Grants competition:
- Tskaltubo Local Development Strategy 2020-2024
- Grants Competition Manual 2020
- Annex #1 – Initial application form for Business projects
- Annex #2 – Evaluation form for initial Business project applications
- Annex #3 – Initial application form for Public projects
- Annex #4 – Evaluation form for initial Public project applications
- Annex #5 – Initial application form for Community projects
- Annex #6 – Evaluation form for initial Community project applications